Saturday, September 1, 2007

E-mail Address Trick

I stumbled upon this one the other day and just had to share it with you.

Someone had requested to be added to the newsletter, so I copied their e-mail address and had full intentions of pasting it into the subscription form.

Well, I must have been distracted at the time because I accidentally pasted the address into my web browser address box and hit Enter.

Before I could mutter a profanity, up came the web site for his e-mail domain!

Here, try it with my address:

steve@worldstart.com



Don't click the address, copy and paste it into your web browser then hit Enter.It will turn into this:



Cool huh?

So, if you ever feel the need to find out where someone is coming from, especially if it's a "SPAM" type e-mail, just copy and paste the e-mail address into your web browser and hit enter.

This is also good if you want to see someone's web site but only have their e-mail address (presuming that they own their own domain).

Finally, this little trick doesn't always work. So, no tears if you try it with a different address and it flops, OK?

No comments: